Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Science of today tells us that all matter was formed out of nothing some 15 billion years ago. And then life emerged out of the whirling dust and sand and gravel 12 billion years later.

As I walk across the golf course on my way to work in the crisp early morning, I feel I ought to be amazed. The sky, the heavy rain clouds at the horizon, the trees, my feet that keep on walking by themselves, my brain, my thoughts, my eyes and ears, isn’t everything unreal? No, everything is just as always. The swallows have left now. They must have been gone for some time now. I’m on my way to work and I’m in a hurry.

Life is nothing to be excited about. My heart is nothing but an ordinary little pump, my eyes are just little cameras and my ears are simply microphones. The brain is just a brain. Our planet is just an ordinary little planet. The universe is just an universe. What's so fantastic about a pair of feet?

No comments: