Friday, February 22, 2008




All people have some kind of philosophy of life, or rather a number of philosophies, that direct their actions, something like software programs in a computer. The question is where all these programs are coming from and if they are all useful.

A computer without software is of course not of much use, but it also needs someone who sits there and presses the buttons, someone who make use of it. Well, it should be easy to construct a computer software that start up the computer in the morning and let it do some meaningless calculations during the day and then shut it down at night, at a certain time, but what would be the point with that?

Anyway, we all have philosophies of life, programs that direct our actions. One person, for example, can be deeply convinced that nothing is important but to make it in this world, no matter what. Another person may feel that career is not that important. Maybe he feels that it is more important to have as much fun as possible. A man may think that nothing matters but to do his duty. He can willingly risk his life in an unjust and completely meaningless war or engage himself fully in some deeply unethical activities, only because someone tells him to.

There are many different philosophies of life on the market. Some of them are useful, some of them are meant to cover hidden agendas. Some people cover their true career strategies behind clouds of religion or new age mumbo jumbo and some people are not even aware what kind of programs they have in their computer.

3 comments:

:Doreen said...

What about you?

:Doreen said...

Aren't most not aware of what they have in their computer? The "programs" may have directed our lives in the "past" but all that is changing now. ("programs" can be simply boiled down to "ego"; without the ego the mind functions like the heart, automatically, without 'thinking about functioning' it functions miracuously well!)
When the ego falls away (this can happen all at once or gradually) it is like switching from dial-up to broadband connection.

A "program" did not cause me to have an "awakening" (the best word to describe this experience which goes beyond words and is unique to each person). But waking up from the program did! See the paradox? To see the "program or (universal) conditioning" is the "right or true" direction that does not make someone else "wrong" (it is just a fact that they haven't woken up yet.)

When I "had" my initial waking-up experience, (I say "had" because it is still unfolding AND it is perhaps not possible or important to pin-point the "beginning") there was not a voice in my head that said: "You cannot do this!" There was no apparent "will" in it. If anything, perhaps, the true "free will" kicked in, booted up, "came on line." You can spend endless amounts of time searching for answers until one day or one moment you realize that the "search" is the answer.

All the "things" that I have been interested in, in my life have come naturally. (I can see this in retrospect) The way that I know that I like something is the way my body feels while encountering that "thing" (could be a person, place, etc.) Eventually, you can wake up to "just this moment" filling you with a feeling of peace. Of BEING ALIVE! The experience of peace naturally becomes your compass.

:Doreen said...

Here are some notes I joted down today.

They will try to keep our souls in bondage but, really, it is not possible. No one can have sovereignty over another. No One, because it is All One. And our souls are already free--we do not have to free them--only act like they are. "You are the freedom-full in your heart."

The whole world will try to keep you from being free.

Give attention, give your attention because they do not know they are free.

A structure I no longer believe in. I am free from its shackles, others are not.

"So and So" never offer to take me some where. And "So" never offers to either. This all hurts. I'm tired of asking for help.

I am so sorry about the way I sometimes thought about my father because of my mother's attitude. I am so sorry.

"So's" family has not contacted me to see how I am.

This is an incredible suffering that I have been given to bear and through grace I have come through. (Residual Emotion today)
Because my heart and soul chooses a different "life." I live that life now. In my heart.
Free of judgement
No longer judge others for judging me because I know that they "know not what they do."
This is the true Peace.
"A few select hundred upon this planet."
One has to go through the losses and suffering in order to give up suffering.